Monday, October 4, 2010

I've got the power!

or not? If you're coming from a country that uses anything but the "I" type of plug it's lights out for you.

I'm planning to take a couple of electrical appliances with me to Oz. The trick is they use a different voltage (240 Volts) and a different power plug (type I) than in Romania (230 Volts, type C and F plug). A worldwide electric guide list can shed some light in this aspect.

To close allow me to quote my friend that shared all this valuable info "So you would need a converter, which you can find in most airports or electrical stores."


Cheers!


Later edit: The comment from below is worth reading.
Much later edit: This information just came in from a trustworthy source. It turns out that the only difference between the power system here in Romania and the one in Australia is the type of plug.

3 comments:

  1. Watch out... electricity converters aren't very reliable... are fine if you want to plug stuff for short periods of time.

    Electricity is some kind of oscillation and converters most of time doesn't give you the right oscillation for your appliances.

    If your device has a AC adapter (or internal adapter) check first if is compatible with multi-voltage input. That way the adapter is going to take the hit and all you need to buy is a plug adapter (from C or F to V or I). Otherwise I will recommend you not to take it with you... will end up being an useless junk at the end of a year or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You haven't posted in over a year. I don't know if you've abandoned this site or what, but I'm interested to hear what's new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous, you are right, this blog needed an ending.

    http://fromromaniatoaustralia.blogspot.com/2011/12/end-of-fairytale.html

    ReplyDelete